My Skincare Routine (Night Winter)
I don't like to brag about myself but I do have beautiful skin! I love makeup, and I'm guilty for being a makeup junkie but my ultimate love has always been skincare. From my teenage years to my mid twenties, I've come to realize that without a healthy skin your makeup won't ever look that great...
After turning 25, my physique has gone downhill in the sense that I can't eat a big mac and feel awesome afterward... and I've noticed that my skin needed a better regime than regular drugstore products. One might think that Sephora skincare products are full of placebo effects but a lot of them will do miracles on your skin. I use a combination of drugstore, Sephora, and lush products every night.
I'm currently 27, and this is my skincare routine every night; I have a dry to combination skin and during the winter I go an extra mile for hydration. Now this may not work for you because I have no idea what type of skin you may have but I hope some of these products will help! If you're a beginner to skincare, the best thing to do is to read reviews and do your homework before stepping into Sephora. You can take their skin test online, and it will recommend products but please read the reviews as they can be very helpful! Here are the products I use on a daily basis :)
1. Clinique - Take the Day Off (38$) - This cleansing balm will literally take the day off your face. It melts away even waterproof mascara. It's gentle, and easy to rinse.
2. Clean & Clear Makeup Remover (7$) - I only use this on my eyes, as I wear waterproof mascara because I'm a big cry baby. I've tried many, and I prefer this one!
3. Peter Thomas Roth - Cucumber Cleanser (44$) - I've tried plenty of cleansers, and I've been using this one for the past 6 months, and I'm loving it! I tend to have dry skin especially during the winter, and this cleanser doesn't dry my skin. It's refreshing, has a good smell, and it lasts a good 4 months.
4. Breath of Fresh Air - Lush - Toner (9 $ - 22$) - I've used this toner for at least the past 5 years, and it has never failed me. I love it because my skin feels tight, and cleaner. If you don't use a toner in your routine, please please do your skin a favour, and go get one! Toning your skin will close back the pores, and minimize their appearance.
5. Drunk Elephant Protini - Moisturizer (84$) - This is THE most expensive item in my routine but it's definitely worth it. I'm sure someone out there must be thinking " this girl could buy 10 Neutrogena face moisturizers for the price of this one" but the effect won't be the same. I've tried both drugstore, and high end moisturizers, and this one has made a real difference on my skin.
6. Ultra repair instant oatmeal mask - First Aid Beauty (30$) - I try to do a mask once or twice a week, at first I was a bit skeptical about this mask because I've never tried anything from this brand but it works quite well. It's very soothing, and my skin feels extra smooth.
This sums up my night skincare routine, it seems like a lot but compared to the 14 steps in Korean skincare it's not even near being a complicated regime. I should add an essence, or serum but I still need to do more research on which one to invest as they can be quite pricey. In addition to this routine, I also love including a Korean or Taiwanese sheet mask which are super hydrating in winter time.