30 Questions for my 30th Birthday
1. What am I most proud of?
I'm most proud of always following my dreams and pursuing what I really want to do in my career and never letting my fears get in the way. I'm proud to always push through my anxieties and do my best at everything I put my mind into.
2. Who inspires me? Why do they inspire me?
3. What does my ideal morning look like?
Waking up by the beach with a nice bowl of fruits and feeling the morning ocean breeze on my skin. Sipping on a nice cup of tea and watching the sun rise. That would be the best morning ever :)
4. What would I tell me future self/childhood me?I would tell my future self to be patient and to not worry so much about her future because you can't control it. To my childhood self, I would tell her to enjoy the moment and not be eager to grow.
5. How is your Quarantine going?
Living through a pandemic has been very difficult on all aspects of my life. I never imagined to be unemployed, single and to be turning 30... However, I'm trying to take this time to work on some things that I kept putting aside because I lacked of time while working... so I try to workout, learn some Japanese, go for bike rides, work on my tan, work on my portfolio and binge watch a lot of Netflix!
6. I am grateful for…
My family and for my health, for having a place that I can call home.
7. I need more _______ in my life because…
8. What do you want most in life?
I want to be happy and feel at peace even when I feel like my life is in shambles. I want to be able to stay grounded and know that everything happens for a reason and that things will figure themselves out.
9. Where do I see myself in 6 months?
Well hopefully I'll be working again in my field and I see myself doing better with myself. I hope to be able to travel again by then!
10. What is one important lesson I learned this week?
That it's okay to cut people out of your life that have hurt you in the past and it's okay to choose who you surround yourself. That those that truly care about you will want to be your friend and won't seek attention for self validation but will be there to support you and care for you.
11. What are your current 5 favorite songs?
- "Everything I wanted" by Billie Eilish
- "Flou" by Angele
- "Little Bit" by Lykke Li
- "Brillo" by JBalvin & Rosalia
- "Supalonely" by Stella & Steve
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
13. If I had $1,000,000, I would…
Pay my student debt!!! Invest in properties for my parents, my sister and myself. Put some money aside for retirement and start my own business in fashion. Oh and of course travel!!
14. What are 10 things that make me happy?
- My Quaker Parrot Coco
- My family
- Having clear skin
- A good hair day
- Not feeling anxious
- Walking the streets of New York
- Wearing new shoes
- A good night sleep
- The beach
- Coffee dates & Museums
15. If I could travel anywhere, where would I go and why?
16. The person I am most thankful for is…
Well I'm most thankful for my grandfather because he left his home country to ensure that his family could live in Canada. He was able to provide for his family and make sure his future generations had a better future.
17. Do you have any regrets?
18. Something I hope to achieve in the next 5 years is…
Having my own space and having less student debt!
19. What was your favourite trip?
20. What does your ideal significant other look like?
I hope that my significant other is genuine, grounded and with good values. Someone that is driven, honest and caring. I just honestly want someone that says "Damn, I'm lucky to be with Nelly" (Inspired by what Ross Geller tells Rachel in "friends")
21. Would you change anything about yourself?
I need to be more patient and allow life to takes its course. I wouldn't say that it's a change but simply improve on those aspects in my life.
22. Which quality do you value the most in a person?
Honesty. If someone isn't transparent about their feelings or their intentions it truly throws me off. I think it's important to always be true to yourself and to others. I believe that without honesty there isn't trust.
23. What experience are you most thankful for?
I'm most thankful to have been able to go study footwear design in New York for 2 years. I'm really thankful to have been selected in my program and to have met some really amazing people.
24. What do you appreciate about life?
Just the mere fact of being alive and being healthy is a lot to be thankful for. I appreciate being alive and thanking God for giving me life every single day.
25. What are my strengths?
I'm very honest and upfront, I'm determined and when I set my mind to do something I do my best to make it happen.
26. What are my weaknesses?
I'm impatient, I struggle to wait for things to happen... I'm insecure in some areas of my life and I'm trying to work on my self confidence. I sometimes focus too much on the negative aspects of life instead of cherishing all the good things.
27. If I could wish for anything, I would wish for…
I wish to not live with general anxiety disorder, I would wish for my anxiety to go away.
28. What am I afraid of?
I'm afraid of losing my memory when I'm older, I'm truly afraid of not remembering my loved ones or the memories that I built throughout my life.
29. I want people to think of me as...
I want people to think of me as someone they can rely on and I hope my life inspires others to follow their dreams.
30. What type of legacy do I want to leave behind?
I would like to build a business that combines my passion for footwear but that also gives back to the community. I hope to someday be able to mentor others in following their dreams in fashion or in any other creative outlet.
Thanks for reading!